HA5 REJUVENATING HYDRATOR
The experts at SkinMedica have been hard at work to bring us the next level of hydration. Hyaluronic acid (HA) as you may already know, is a naturally-occurring molecule in our bodies. As a major component of connective tissue, it is found throughout our bodies, such as in the joints, scalp, gums, eyes, lips, and skin. HA also supports the production of collagen, a very important element in healthy connective tissue. Together, hyaluronic acid and collagen ensure the connective tissue can effectively cushion and lubricate.
The key to hyaluronic acid is its hydrophillic, or ‘water-loving’, quality. It functions as your body’s natural hydrator because, like an ant that has a high mass to weight ratio, HA can hold an extremely high amount of water, thus keeping your skin plump and hydrated. As we age, our bodies produce less HA, resulting in lower levels of skin hydration, which can lead to wrinkles and a deflated, sagging appearance in the face. In fact, the slowed production is so significant that by age 45 our skin has approximately 50% less hyaluronic acid as it did when we were in our 20s.
THE HA5 DIFFERENCE
- Time Release HA: Thanks to a proprietary ingredient, you’ll keep benefiting for hours after each application.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: This is a salt derived from HA that has a lower molecular weight. The smaller molecule can penetrate the skin more easily, getting the HA and VITISENSCE technology to a deeper layer for improved results.
- Uncross-linked HA: Traditional topical HA that provides smoothness and hydration of the skin surface.
- Nano Ha: Another lower molecular weight version of HA, nano HA seals in moisture at the topical level while also penetrating deep into the skin for improvement of the lipid barrier, which increases skin’s overall health.
- Cross-linked HA: This type of HA is typically used in fillers and breaks down more slowly. It also acts like a molecular net, providing the benefit of holding in not only water, but also active ingredients, such as anti-aging peptides like those found in HA5.
Together, the HAs, antioxidants, peptides, and polysaccharides in HA5 go way beyond traditional topical HA products. It’s helpful for all skin types, and has the potential to repair a skin barrier damaged by sun exposure, acne, and rosacea. Plus, because it’s a hydrator and not a moisturizer, it’s safe for oily skin! HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator offers softer, smoother, younger-looking skin in an easy, at-home treatment.